The Pocket Diagnostic® Phytophthora rapid test is a genus-specific test designed for the in-field detection of many Phytophthora species including Phytophthora ramorum (Sudden oak death), Phytophthora infestans (Blight, Late blight), Phytophthora kernoviae, Phytophthora lateralis, Phytophthora cinnamomi, Phytophthora cactorum and others.
When using our test you can detect Phytophthora in a wide range of plant material, including woody tissues, leaves and roots.
Our Phytophthora rapid test utilises lateral flow technology to easily and reliably detect Phytophthora spp in a matter of minutes: the speed of results, therefore, allows for faster decision making in the event of a positive test result. This is why government inspectors, advisers, growers and plant disease experts all over the world use this test during their routine plant disease management.
The benefits of using the Pocket Diagnostic® Phytophthora test include:
- Rapid results, less than 10 minutes
- Portable, in-field use
- Simple user process
- No training required
- Faster decision making
- 1 x Phytophthora rapid test device
- 1 x sample extraction bottle
- 1 x pipette
- 1 x instructions for use
How to Use
Using the tests is simple. All you have to do is:
- break up some plant material
- add the sample to the buffer bottle
- shake the buffer bottle (includes ball bearings)
- allow the plant material to settle in the bottle
- use the pipette provided to add liquid to the test