Ever since the first model was released in 1999, Nikon laser rangefinders have been well received by a wide variety of users. The Forestry Pro has been developed based on the Forestry 550, released in 2008, to meet the demands of the forestry industry for more functions to conduct simple measurements. The Forestry Pro is equipped with three-point measurement in addition to the conventional vertical separation. Three-point measurement provides the difference in height between two targets by measuring horizontal distance to a target then angles to the target base and the top. It is very useful when the laser beam is blocked by the bushes or branches that cover the base or top of a tree.
- In addition to the conventional measurement functions, such as actual distance, horizontal distance, height, angle and vertical separation (height between two points) measurement functions, three-point measurement (height between two points) is possible.
- The results are displayed on both internal and external LCD panels. The external panel displays all results simultaneously.
- There are two measurement modes (Target Priority Switch System):
First Target Priority Mode displays the range to the nearest target taken from multiple results obtained with a single measurement.
Distant Target Priority Mode displays the range to the farthest target taken from multiple results obtained with a single measurement—especially useful for forestry and hunting.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating produces bright images.
- Waterproof (up to 1 meter for 10 minutes) but not for underwater usage. The battery chamber is water resistant.
- High-eyepoint design allows easy viewing even with eyeglasses.
- Capable of measuring different distances in succession, for up to 20 seconds, when the button is held down.
- Measurement range: 10-500 m/11-550 yd./33-999 ft.
- Measurement can be displayed in feet as well as meters and yards.